Información importante sobre actualizaciones de Firmware:
¿Tienes problemas con tu reproductor de Blu-ray? ¿No se leen algunos discos? Puede ser que necesites actualizar el firmware de tu lector Blu-ray. Más información.
Comprados juntos habitualmente
Los clientes que compraron este producto también compraron
Tras suicidarse, el policía Tom Duncan deja una carta en la que confiesa haberse dejado sobornar por una banda de gángsters, pero también denuncia la corrupción de altos funcionarios. Cuando el sargento Dave Bannion trata de esclarecer su muerte tropieza con toda clase de obstáculos.
Analysis by DVD Beaver suggests that this is from the same master as the American limited release of 'The Big Heat'. Certainly the picture and sound quality are exceptional. this film is one of the most important of all Film Noir and I recommend it strongly
Columbia Pictures presents "THE BIG HEAT" (1953) - (90 min/B&W) -- Starring: Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame, Lee Marvin, Carolyn Jones & Alexander Scourby
Directed by Fritz Lang
The Big Heat is director Fritz Lang's landmark bleak, film noir crime classic and violent melodrama. Lang's characteristic expressionistic lighting, use of sets and decor, and costuming sharply reflected the personality traits of the film's major characters. The sparse screenplay of a story laced with revenge, murder, and hate was written by former crime reporter Sidney Boehm and based on a Saturday Evening Post serial and the hard-hitting, brutal 1952 novel by William P. McGivern. The film's title referred to the enforcement crack-down on lawlessness and illegal activities.
Its an uncompromising and grim story of an iron-willed, driven, dedicated, honest, incorruptible homicide detective within a crooked and perverted society and corrupt system at all levels (e.g., the mob, the commissioner, the police, and everyday citizens), and the enormous price that is paid to find justice. The crusading, vigilante rogue cop/hero must erode his idealistic, law-abiding principles when he resorts to the unlawful tactics of the hoodlums after the tragic murder of his young wife by sadistic, viperous gang members led by a big-time crime boss. He enlists the help of one of the gangs' molls in order to seek revenge.
Lang & Ford combined again for Human Desire (1954)
Special footnote: -- When Lee Marvin first sees Glenn Ford face to face, the music in the background is "Put the Blame on Mame," a reference to Ford's performance in Gilda ~~~ Columbia wanted to borrow Marilyn Monroe from 20th Century Fox to play the role of Debby Marsh, but Fox's asking price was too high. Gloria Grahame was cast instead.
BIOS: 1. Fritz Lang [Director] Date of Birth: 5 December 1890 - Vienna, Austria-Hungary [now Austria] Date of Death: 2 August 1976 - Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
2. Glenn Ford (aka: Gwyllyn Samuel Newton Ford) Date of Birth: 1 May 1916 - Sainte-Christine, Quebec, Canada Date of Death: 30 August 2006 - Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California
3. Gloria Grahame [aka: Gloria Hallward] Date of Birth: 28 November 1923 - Los Angeles, California Date of Death: 5 October 1981 - New York City, New York
4. Lee Marvin Date of Birth: 19 February 1924 - New York City, New York Date of Death: 29 August 1987- Tucson, Arizona
5. Carolyn Jones Date of Birth: 28 April 1930 - Amarillo, Texas Date of Death: 3 August 1983 - West Hollywood, California
6. Jocelyn Brando Date of Birth: 18 November 1919 - San Francisco, California Date of Death: 27 November 2005 - Santa Monica, California
7. Alexander Scourby Date of Birth: 13 November 1913 - Brooklyn, New York Date of Death: 22 February 1985 - Newtown, Connecticut
8. Jeanette Nolan Date of Birth: 30 December 1911 - Los Angeles, California Date of Death: 5 June 1998 - Los Angeles, California
Mr. Jim's Ratings: Quality of Picture & Sound: 4 Stars Performance: 4 Stars Story & Screenplay: 4 Stars Overall: 4 Stars [Original Music, Cinematography & Film Editing]
Total Time: 90 min on DVD ~ Columbia Pictures ~ (December 18, 2001)Leer más ›