Descripción del producto
Tuscany by Car – Chianti is a unique publication that focuses exclusively on Chianti, the most celebrated region in Tuscany. The most famous and beautiful part of Chianti is called “Chianti Classico” (essentially the area between Florence and Siena), where you will find medieval villages, glorious vineyards, delightful destination restaurants and easy-to-navigate roadways.
Updated for 2013, our comprehensive travel guide to Chianti lets you discover hidden gems in Chianti with hundreds of personally researched places to stay, eat, shop and visit.
Tuscany by Car – Chianti divides Chianti into three areas to help you better organize your trip and use your time efficiently. Each area is comprised of a constellation of places to stay, things to see and do, and restaurants and shops. We provide GPS coordinates for all recommended stops, organized so that you can make the most efficient use of your time in Chianti.
Our guide to Chianti has hundreds of pages of fully searchable content. We provide you with all the information you need to get the most out of your trip, including:
• Siena, San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Greve, Panzano, Castellina in Chianti, Monteriggioni, Rada in Chianti, Volpaia, Gaiole in Chianti, Castelnuovo Berardenga, San Gimignano, Volterra, Pisa and Lucca
• Full listings and GPS coordinates for hotels, restaurants, shops and museums located throughout Chianti
• Detailed recommendations on activities in the area, including hiking and biking in the countryside, cooking classes, golfing and, perhaps most importantly, exploring the scenic little roads throughout the area
• Insider’s information on wine: recommended wine tours, where to buy wine (and which wines to buy), and how to ship or travel with wine
• Insider’s information on the very best restaurants, cafes and food shops in Chianti including the world-famous butcher of Panzano
• A complete guide to Pisa and Lucca including hotels, restaurants, shops and things to see and do for an enjoyable side trip to these two popular and nearby destinations
• Detailed information about the famous Prada outlet (not to be missed!) and other fashion outlets located in Chianti
• Listings and GPS coordinates for great restaurants that you can enjoy along the way, including both destination restaurants as well as small local trattorias, wine bars and pizzerias providing good hearty fare at affordable prices.
For those interested in winery tours, this guide is a must. We provide detailed information about top wineries in Chianti. Although there are scores of wineries throughout Tuscany, many of them, particularly in the southern or coastal regions of Tuscany, do not welcome visitors because they are not in the business of receiving or entertaining guests. Our travel guide features wineries that welcome visitors and provide fun and informative tours. Many of these wineries are located in idyllic locations that are themselves memorable. One is located in an enchanting ancient hamlet dating from the twelfth century that is one of the most pristine and picturesque villages in all of Tuscany. It has, in fact, been described as a fairy tale town. We take you right to their doorstep!
Using the activation code supplied with our eBook, you can download a complete set of GPS coordinates from our website (tuscanybycar.com) for all of the locations covered in the book, then easily load them onto your Garmin or TomTom GPS device. We provide full instructions.
Once you arrive in Italy, all you need to do is power up your GPS device, select your destination and away you go!
Our eBooks contain a wealth of information not found in any other books and feature the application of state-of-the-art technology. Discover this classic region of Tuscany with a guide that gives you the inside scoop on how to get the mos