- Tapa blanda: 592 páginas
- Editor: Pearson; Edición: 4th edition (10 de febrero de 2003)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0130888826
- ISBN-13: 978-0130888822
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº951.994 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- Ver el Índice completo
Arboriculture: Integrated Management of Landscape Trees, Shrubs, and Vines (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 10 feb 2003
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
For undergraduate courses in Arboriculture; Landscape Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Management, or Landscape Construction; Park Management, Parks and Grounds Maintenance, Park & Recreation Administration, Nursery Management; and Urban Forestry. Regarded by many as an irreplaceable reference tool, this text describes the integration of the landscape environment (climate, soil, and related organisms), its effect on landscape plants, and how to manage both in order to obtain the desired results with reasonable effort. A comprehensive, analytic, and logically organized guide, Arboriculture is based on sound arboricultural experience and the latest applied research.
A comprehensive guide to the care of trees, this book covers all aspects of arboriculture from the fundamentals of tree growth and development to developing plant health care programs. It discusses aspects of site selection and modification including climate, and soil and water management. The book follows the tree from selection in the nursery to planting and aftercare through such routine practices as pruning, fertilization, support systems, and plant health care. Key management situations such as tree preservation, hazard assessment, and problem diagnosis are discussed in detail.
The fourth edition offers several new features that the student of arboriculture and practicing arborists will find valuable:
- Reorganization of topics to improve continuity of information
- Addition of overviews and summaries for each chapter
- Updated assessment of tree care practices such as soil amendments, mycorrhizae, and tree growth regulators
- Thorough evaluation of the benefits from trees (economic, environmental, ecological, and psychological) including examples of the most recent research on cost-benefit analysis of trees in urban areas
- Emphasis on special management situations such as structural soils, root-pavement conflicts, and remnant forests
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
I dislike books that contain no color photography. However, in this case I will make an exception for Prof. Harris. This book contains many photographs that will aid the reader in assimilating the information presented. The construction of the book is excellent for bringing outdoors; which makes it ideal for surviving your next tree planting. This arboriculture survival guide will pay for itself with the useful information contained within its semi-glossy pages.
I would add that the well organized Appendix has led me to some other good books to further my knowledge. One in particular that is referenced heavily is "The Body Language of Trees". I ordered this book and was amazed by the authors ability to communicate difficult biomechanical concepts in simple terms.