The long-awaited third edition of Spalton's acclaimed Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology is a comprehensive collection of beautiful photographs, illustrations, and well-written, clinically relevant text. The CD-ROM, which enables easy access to digital images, is a welcome addition to this edition, which has been 11 years in the making.
This is a gorgeous pedagogic tool that is unmatched in photographic quality and clarity of illustrations. This gem is greatly enhanced by the user-friendly CD-ROM that enables easy incorporation of digital images into presentation formats. It is a "must-have" for any reference shelf.
Weighted Numerical Score: 87
"The atlas contains an excellent compendium of clinical pictures, slit-lamp photos, photomicrographs, electron micrographs and illustrations spanning a wide spectrum of ophthalmic topics. A CD-ROM is included with the book and contains not only the illustrations from the atlas, but also useful internet links. ... This atlas is a welcome reference for any ophthalmologist's library." --Ocular Surgery News, August 1, 2005
"It is a bounty of superbly chosen photographs... This atlas is unsurpassed in its representational clarity... A definite visual feast, this book is a prize for any bookshelf." - American Journal of Ophthalmology, review of the previous edition
"It is always easy to find criticism of a book is one looks hard enough. In this book it seems pointless... It is a superb atlas and I strongly recommend it as a pictorial addition to every clinician's library." - Clinical & Experimental Optometry, review of the previous edition
First edition: Winner of the Abbott Prize for Medical Writing
Descripción del producto
- Features contributions from 20 world-renowned authorities.
- Discusses examination, investigation, and diagnosis for each ophthalmic syndrome, as well as relevant embryology, histology, pathology, and ocular manifestations of systemic disease.
- Offers an organization both by chapter and by ophthalmic subspecialty, making information easy to find.
- Depicts the very newest imaging and pathology studies and their findings.
- Covers the latest refractive surgery and LASIK techniques.
- Delivers over 1,000 completely new illustrations—3,400 in all—over 1,800 in full color.