- Tapa dura: 440 páginas
- Editor: CRC Press; Edición: 3 (18 de abril de 2008)
- Colección: Practical Aspects of Criminal and Forensic Investigations
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1420052683
- ISBN-13: 978-1420052688
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº957.692 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- Ver el Índice completo
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis with an Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction, Third Edition (Practical Aspects of Criminal and Forensic Investigations) (Inglés) Tapa dura – 18 abr 2008
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Objective establishment of the truth is the goal of any good crime scene investigator. This demands a consideration of all evidence available using proven scientific methodologies to establish objective snapshots of the crime. The majority of forensic disciplines shed light on the “who” of a crime, bloodstain pattern analysis is one of the most important disciplines to address “what” happened. Understanding the discipline, its underlying scientific basis, and how best to apply this knowledge is crucial in the investigator’s quest for the truth.
Internationally known experts in crime scene analysis, Tom Bevel and Ross M. Gardner explore bloodstain pattern analysis in depth, explaining what it is, how it is used, and the practical methodologies employed to achieve defensible results.
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis with an Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction, Third Edition:
- Presents a specific and detailed taxonomy of bloodstain pattern characteristics
- Offers a full-color fold-out Decision Map to guide analysts through the classification process
- Uses full-color photos and diagrams to illustrate concepts
- Describes the theory, principles, and methodology for crime scene reconstruction
- Details proven, applicable scientific methodologies
- Emphasizes observable and reproducible results to mitigate accusations of subjectivity in evidence and testimony
- Provides more than 60% new or significantly revised information
Offering practical advice and tips for novices and experienced professionals, this book employs clear, lucid, and reasoned scientific arguments to provide the tools to guide and focus any investigative effort.
Captain Tom Bevel is a 27-year veteran of the Oklahoma City Police Department, retiring in 1996 as Commander of the Homicide, Robbery, Missing Persons, and Unsolved Homicide units. He is held in high esteem as a qualified expert in crime scene reconstruction and bloodstain pattern analysis in state, federal, and foreign courts. His knowledge and expertise as a crime scene consultant has been sought after in 45 US states and 11 foreign countries. He owns a forensic education and consulting company in his home state of Oklahoma.
Ross M. Gardner retired as a Command Sergeant Major and Special Agent in 1999 after serving a total of 24 years in US Army law enforcement. Certified by the International Association for Identification as a Senior Crime Analyst for the past 16 years, Gardner is an active instructor and consultant throughout the United States in crime scene analysis, bloodstain pattern analysis, and crime scene investigation.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
The text provided a good, comprehensive discussion of bloodstain pattern analysis and all that it entails. The language used was easy to read and understand and organized in a logical way. This book was a great source of information and provided me with the information I needed to complete the papers required for my coursework.
The new chapters (vis-a-vis the second edition) are very useful additions. A big thank you to the two authors.