Descripción del producto
Blues harmonica is the most popular and influential style of harmonica playing, and it forms the basis for playing harmonica in other styles such as rock and country. Blues Harmonica for Dummies gives you a wealth of content devoted to the blues approach—specific techniques and applications, including bending and making your notes sound richer and fuller with tongue-blocked enhancements; use of amplification to develop a blues sound; blues licks and riffs; constructing a blues harmonica solo; accompanying singers; historical development of blues styles; and important blues players and recordings.
- In-depth coverage of major blues harmonica techniques
- Blues song forms, improvisation, and accompanying singers
- Information on blues history and personalities
If you're intrigued by the idea of understanding and mastering the compelling (yet mysterious) art of playing blues on the harmonica, Blues Harmonica For Dummies has you covered.
The fun and easy way® to play blues harmonica
Blues Harmonica For Dummies gives you a wealth of content devoted to the blues approach ? specific techniques and applications, including bending and making your notes sound richer and fuller with tongue-blocked enhancements; use of amplification to develop a blues sound; blues licks and riffs; constructing a blues harmonica solo; accompanying singers; and much more.
- Dig into the blues ? get the 411 on the blues as a musical style, understand how the harmonica fits into the music, and survey the types of harmonicas available
- Do the crawl ? grasp how to play melodies along with licks and riffs ? those nuggets of bluesy melody that make up the building blocks of blues harmonica playing
- Delve deep ? discover how to use your hands, lips, tongue, throat, and lungs to shape your sound and create sonic texture
- Find your style ? from prewar rural blues through amplified Chicago blues through modern blues-rock, discover classic recordings and playing techniques to help define your personal approach
- Be loud and proud ? put together a repertoire of tunes to play for an audience and amplify your playing with electronic equipment
Open the book and find:
- The lowdown on what it takes to get started
- A blues guide to music symbols
- How to go from playing easy chords to strong single notes, and then to 12-bar blues
- Ways to shape, color, and punctuate your blues sound
- Detailed, step-by-step guidance on bending notes
- Tips for developing your personal style
- Important players and recordings in different blues harmonica styles
- Play blues on harmonica
- Master techniques like bending, tongue blocking, and chordal rhythm
- Connect with blues history and the major players