- Tapa blanda: 316 páginas
- Editor: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc.; Edición: 1 (27 de septiembre de 2007)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0123737265
- ISBN-13: 978-0123737267
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon:
nº490.961 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- n.° 1625 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Bases de datos
- n.° 3012 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Redes y administración de sistemas
- n.° 8929 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Programación y desarrollo de software
- Ver el Índice completo
Business Metadata: Capturing Enterprise Knowledge (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 27 sep 2007
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Business Metadata: Capturing Enterprise Knowledge is the first book that helps businesses capture corporate (human) knowledge and unstructured data, and offer solutions for codifying it for use in IT and management. Written by Bill Inmon, one of the fathers of the data warehouse and well-known author, the book is filled with war stories, examples, and cases from current projects. It includes a complete metadata acquisition methodology and project plan to guide readers every step of the way, and sample unstructured metadata for use in self-testing and developing skills.
This book is recommended for IT professionals, including those in consulting, working on systems that will deliver better knowledge management capability. This includes people in these positions: data architects, data analysts, SOA architects, metadata analysts, repository (metadata data warehouse) managers as well as vendors that have a metadata component as part of their systems or tools.
- First book that helps businesses capture corporate (human) knowledge and unstructured data, and offer solutions for codifying it for use in IT and management
- Written by Bill Inmon, one of the fathers of the data warehouse and well-known author, and filled with war stories, examples, and cases from current projects
- Very practical, includes a complete metadata acquisition methodology and project plan to guide readers every step of the way
- Includes sample unstructured metadata for use in self-testing and developing skills
Biografía del autor
Best known as the “Father of Data Warehousing, Bill Inmon has become the most prolific and well-known author worldwide in the big data analysis, data warehousing and business intelligence arena. In addition to authoring more than 50 books and 650 articles, Bill has been a monthly columnist with the Business Intelligence Network, EIM Institute and Data Management Review. In 2007, Bill was named by Computerworld as one of the “Ten IT People Who Mattered in the Last 40 Years of the computer profession. Having 35 years of experience in database technology and data warehouse design, he is known globally for his seminars on developing data warehouses and information architectures. Bill has been a keynote speaker in demand for numerous computing associations, industry conferences and trade shows. Bill Inmon also has an extensive entrepreneurial background: He founded Pine Cone Systems, later named Ambeo in 1995, and founded, and took public, Prism Solutions in 1991. Bill consults with a large number of Fortune 1000 clients, and leading IT executives on Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and Database Management, offering data warehouse design and database management services, as well as producing methodologies and technologies that advance the enterprise architectures of large and small organizations world-wide. He has worked for American Management Systems and Coopers & Lybrand. Bill received his Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from Yale University, and his Master of Science degree in Computer Science from New Mexico State University.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
* simple and effective language
* broad coverage of the subject
* A very "database" focussed approach - this is a little at odds with some of the latest developments in this field where Enterprise Search Engines are pushing the envelope.
* The diagrams are really ugly to look at.