- Tapa blanda: 352 páginas
- Editor: McGraw-Hill Education (17 de enero de 2012)
- Colección: All in One
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0071777113
- ISBN-13: 978-0071777117
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Ver el Índice completo
Compara Precios en Amazon
+ Envío GRATIS
Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Breadth and Depth (All in One) (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 17 ene 2012
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
"Vuelva a intentarlo"
Hay una nueva edición de este producto:
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Don't Let the Real Test Be Your First Test!
Presented in the Breadth and Depth format of the actual exam, this comprehensive guide is filled with hundreds of realistic practice questions based on the Principles and Practice of Civil Engineering (PE-CIVIL) exam, given by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). Detailed solutions, including equations and diagrams, are provided for every question. Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams offers intensive test preparation and is the perfect companion to Civil Engineering PE All-in-One Exam Guide.
COVERS ALL EXAM TOPICS, INCLUDING:
- Structural: materials, member design, design criteria
- Geotechnical: soil mechanics, foundations, excavation, seismic issues
- Water resources and environmental: hydraulics, hydrology, water supply and quality, wastewater treatment
- Transportation: capacity analysis, planning, freeways, multilane highways
- Construction: scheduling, estimating, quality control, safety
Biografía del autor
Dr. Indranil Goswami has a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. During the past 20 years he has taught and conducted research at Morgan State University in Baltimore. Dr. Goswami is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Maryland and he has served as president of the Baltimore Chapter of the Maryland Society of Professional Engineers. He taught PE (CIVIL) Review and FE Review courses in Baltimore from 2001 - 2006. In 1998, Dr. Goswami was nominated for the Bliss Medal for Academic Excellence by the Society of American Military Engineers and in 2003, received the Educator of the Year Award from the Maryland Society of Professional Engineers.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
1) "Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Breadth and Depth" by Goswami. Problems are ever so slightly more difficult than what I saw on the exam. But it served as great preparation. Some of the problems referenced out of data concrete and steel codes but it didn't matter.
2) "Practice Exams for the Civil PE Examination: Two practice exams (and solutions) geared towards the breadth portion of the Civil PE Exam" by Goswami. Problems were about the difficulty level I saw on the exam. Great practice for the AM portion of the exam.
3) "Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Structural Problems, 6th Ed" by Subasic. These problems are much harder than what you will see on the Civil PE exam (structural depth). I worked through some but not all of them.
4) PE Civil Engineering Structural Practice exam by NCEES. Great practice problems for the PE exam. Difficulty level was the easiest of all the aforementioned books but representative of the difficulty level of questions I saw on the exam.
The only thing I did not like, is some of the solutions used equations that I did not specifically have or were modifications to equations that I was use to using. This wouldn't be a big deal if he provided units throughout his solutions, instead of just numbers. Eventually I was able to make sense of his solution, but it would have been much easier if unites were given.
These exams paired with the NCEES AM and PM exams give a very good idea of what to expect.
Tabbing my CERM with each of the subjects encountered in the practice exams was helpful and helped me quickly reference the material for similar products.
My only regret is I did not have enough time to take each of the practice depth exams.