- Tapa blanda
- Editor: Pine Forge Press; Edición: 2nd ed. (1 de junio de 2007)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 141295794X
- ISBN-13: 978-1412957946
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Ver el Índice completo
Diversity and Society (Text + Reader Bundle) (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 1 jun 2007
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Order these 2 books bundled and your students save 20%!
Derived from the Fourth Edition of Joseph Healey's best-selling text Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Class, the Second Edition of Diversity & Society: Race, Ethnicity, and Gender provides an accessible, jargon-free, sociological analysis of U.S. minority groups. Updated throughout, this abbreviated edition retains the conceptual frameworks and organizational format of the larger version, and is the only brief text to present a unitary sociological frame of reference for the analysis of minority-dominant relations.
New to the Second Edition
- Includes new coverage of minority groups and current issues: A new chapter (Chapter 9) on "new Americans" has been added and this edition addresses new issues such as illegal immigration.
- Expands the material on "whiteness" and gender: Coverage of mixed race individuals and white racial identity is further developed. In addition, the material on gender, previously presented in boxed inserts, is now incorporated into chapter discussion.
- Provides the most up-to-date information and data: The Second Edition updates the research literature as well as the charts, graphs, and tables with recent information and data, while maintaining its student-friendly style.
An Instructor's Manual on CD-ROM provides instructors with examination questions, additional background material on discussion questions in the text, and other helpful aids.
A student study site at www.pineforge.com/das2 offers:
- NPR's This American Life radio segments that illustrate each chapter's concepts
- Self quizzes, web exercises, Public sociology assignments, and more!
The Second Edition of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender: Selected Readings offers 36 total readings featuring comprehensive, varied, and highly accessible views of the problems of racism and sexism in American society. Editors Joseph F. Healey and Eileen T. O'Brien present a variety of perspectives on some of pressing problems: racism and prejudice, inequality and discrimination, and assimilation and pluralism. This new edition includes historical perspectives, case studies of minority groups, a strong emphasis on gender, clashing perspectives on contemporary problems, and a chapter on solutions.
New to the Second Edition
- Offers more material on gender, mixed race individuals, and new immigrants: This edition includes many new selections-13 new articles, 5 new Personal Narratives, and 3 new Current Debates.
- Includes more detailed introductions for the readings followed by discussion questions: Each chapter begins with a framework essay and a set of questions which provide a focus and an orientation for the reader.
- Parallels updates to the Second Edition of Diversity and Society: This edition corresponds to the chapters in the companion textbook while extending its analysis and broadening its perspective.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|