- Tapa dura: 650 páginas
- Editor: CRC Press; Edición: 1 (14 de febrero de 2011)
- Colección: International Police Executive Symposium Co-Publications
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1420078380
- ISBN-13: 978-1420078381
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Ver el Índice completo
Effective Crime Reduction Strategies: International Perspectives (International Police Executive Symposium Co-Publications) (Inglés) Tapa dura – 14 feb 2011
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
The International Police Executive Symposium (IPES, www.ipes.info) coordinates annual international conferences to evaluate critical issues in policing and recommend practical solutions to law enforcement executives deployed across the globe. Drawn from the 2005 proceedings hosted by the Czech Republic in Prague, Effective Crime Reduction Strategies: International Perspectives contains contributions from the renowned criminal justice and law enforcement professionals who gathered at this elite annual meeting. Dedicated to continued reduction in crime through local and global response, these international experts share effective crime-fighting principles and tried and proven best practices.
Thoroughly revised and updated since the initial proceedings, the reports in this volume are divided into six sections which explore a host of essential topics:
- Critical Issues in European Law Enforcement: Highlights efforts in Hungary, Austria, and Norway to revise policies and organizational structures to meet the demands of developing events and political pressures
- Contemporary Concerns: Policing in the United States and Canada: Analyzes the impact of international terrorism and transnational crime on police work
- Paradigm Shifts: Policing as Democracy Evolves: Evaluates the success of democratic reforms in South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Nigeria, and Cameroon
- Revising Traditional Law Enforcement in Asia to Meet Contemporary Demands: Describes how counterterrorism, cultural ideology, and transnational criminal influence affects the traditional nature of policing in New Zealand, Turkey, Indonesia, and Thailand
- The Positive Influence of Unionization on Police Professionalism: Addresses the impact of police associations on management decision-making and policy development in the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa
- Significant Issues Facing Twenty-First Century Law Enforcement: Focuses on counterterrorism, border and transnational criminality, the measurement of police effectiveness, and the investigation of juvenile crime
Supplemented with select papers considered for the official journal of the IPES, this volume represents a thoroughly comparative approach to the challenges police executives face in the 21st century. Exploring a wide range of issues impacting how law enforcement professionals fight crime, experts from virtually all regions of the globe engage in discourse that is destined to shape future policing worldwide.
Biografía del autor
James F. Albrecht is presently serving in the joint United States and European Union Rule of Law Mission (EULEX) in Kosovo as the police chief in charge of all critical criminal investigations. Chief Albrecht had previously been assigned to the United Nations Police in Kosovo (former Yugoslavia) as an intelligence analyst and United States liaison to the European Union Police. Albrecht is also a 20 year veteran of the New York Police Department (NYPD).
Founding president of the International Police Executive Symposium (IPES) and founding editor of Police Practice and Research: An International Journal, Dilip K. Das has authored, edited, and co-edited more than 30 books and numerous articles. He has traveled extensively throughout the world in comparative police research, as a visiting professor in various universities, for organizing annual conferences of the IPES, and as a humanrights consultant to the United Nations. Dr. Das has received several faculty excellence awards and was a distinguished faculty lecturer.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|