- Tapa dura: 336 páginas
- Editor: McGraw-Hill Professional; Edición: New. (1 de septiembre de 2009)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0071625070
- ISBN-13: 978-0071625074
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon:
nº453.448 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- n.° 853 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Ciencias, tecnología y medicina > Tecnología e ingeniería > Tecnologías manufactureras
- n.° 10125 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Economía y empresa > Industria y sectores económicos
- n.° 28080 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Economía y empresa > Empresa, estrategia y gestión
- Ver el Índice completo
How To Implement Lean Manufacturing (Inglés) Tapa dura – 1 sep 2009
Hay una nueva edición de este producto:
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
A Practical, Hands-on Guide to Lean Manufacturing
This real-world resource offers proven solutions for implementing lean manufacturing in an enterprise environment, covering the engineering and production aspects as well as the business culture concerns. Filled with detailed examples, the book focuses on the rapid application of lean principles so that large, early financial gains can be made.
How to Implement Lean Manufacturing explains Toyota Production System (TPS) practices and specifies the distinct order in which lean techniques should be applied to achieve maximum gains. Global case studies illustrate successes and pitfalls of lean manufacturing initiatives. Discover how to:
- Rigorously test and retest the state of your "leanness" with unique evaluators
- Develop and deploy plant-wide strategies and goals
- Improve speed and quality and dramatically reduce costs
- Reduce variation in the manufacturing system in order to reduce inventory
- Reduce lead times to enable improved responsiveness and flexibility
- Synchronize production and supply to the customer
- Create flow and establish pull-demand systems
- Perform system-wide and specific value-stream evaluations
- Generate a comprehensive list of highly focused Kaizen activities
- Sustain process gains
- Manage constraints and reduce bottlenecks
- Implement cellular manufacturing
Biografía del autor
Lonnie Wilson has been teaching and implementing Lean techniques for over 39 years. His experience spans 20 years with an international oil company where he held a number of management positions. Then in 1990 he founded Quality Consultants which teaches and applies Lean techniques to not only small entrepreneurs but also Fortune 500 firms, principally in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
I am a machinist and have worked on the shop floor for 25 years. I’ve had too many bosses who didn’t respect me and what I could do. There is a real divide between the shop floor and management and engineers. We are viewed by them as irresponsible and apathetic, and we in turn view them as arrogant and condescending. The author established the tone of this book in the first 35 pages with arrogance and condescension. I get enough of that nonsense 45 hours a week. Everyone at a company has an important function to perform, from the lowly machine operator to the president. Recognizing this simple little fact is one of the first steps toward the necessary culture change.
To anyone wanting to read this book, good luck. I’m sure it has good content later on and will probably be a joy to read and digest for “staff” who love to organize and outline on paper, but never get their hands dirty, (literally, not metaphorically.)
In short it combines all the relevant aspects of Lean in one concise volume, which is very well written: succinct, matter of fact, clear, direct, and to the point. This is truly a "how to" book that will of great value to you if you are about to set sail on a Lean journey - taking you there one step at a time.
I would certainly recommend it to anyone with an interest in Lean; whether you want to learn about Lean philosophy, concepts and tools, or you're looking for examples of the applicability and capability of Lean initiatives, or if you'd like knowledge about the prerequisites and potential pitfalls of Lean implementation.
Even seasoned practitioners of Lean may have something to learn from the straightforward and easy-to-understand way in which the entire concept is presented. This is something which can surely be of value when introducing the subject to new initiates.