PRAISE FOR THE SECOND EDITION "This book is a valuable resource for anyone studying combustion processes." --David L. Liscinsky, United Technologist Research Center, in AIAA JOURNAL "This is an excellent text-book...The narrative is clear, careful and detailed but, at the same time, designed to draw (not to bore) the reader in. The main strengths, in my opinion, are the wealth of convincing applications, which are discussed at some, but not too much length after each bit of theoretical development, and the large number of exercises given at the ends of sections, not just at the ends of chapters." --Martin Crowder, University of Surrey, Guildford, in THE STATISTICIAN
Descripción del producto
Serving as the foundation for a one-semester course in stochastic processes for students familiar with elementary probability theory and calculus, Introduction to Stochastic Modeling, Third Edition
, bridges the gap between basic probability and an intermediate level course in stochastic processes. The objectives of the text are to introduce students to the standard concepts and methods of stochastic modeling, to illustrate the rich diversity of applications of stochastic processes in the applied sciences, and to provide exercises in the application of simple stochastic analysis to realistic problems.
- Realistic applications from a variety of disciplines integrated throughout the text
- Plentiful, updated and more rigorous problems, including computer "challenges"
- Revised end-of-chapter exercises sets—in all, 250 exercises with answers
- New chapter on Brownian motion and related processes
- Additional sections on Matingales and Poisson process