- Tapa blanda: 164 páginas
- Editor: Theme Park Press (17 de julio de 2015)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1941500498
- ISBN-13: 978-1941500491
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
It's a Crazy Business: The Goofy Life of a Disney Legend (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 17 jul 2015
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
"Vuelva a intentarlo"
Compra este producto y disfruta de 90 días gratis de Amazon Music Unlimited
Después de tu compra, recibirás un email con más información sobre cómo disfrutar de 90 días gratuitos de Amazon Music Unlimited. Descúbrelo
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
The Goofy Life of a Disney Legend
Disney Legend Pinto Colvig, best known as the voice of Goofy, wrote a book in the 1940s primarily about his years working for Walt at the Disney Studio. The book was packed away and forgotten, until now. You've never read anything like it.
Pinto writes in character, elevating his book from mere journal to an important piece of Americana, and allowing him to evoke long-gone people and places with astonishing immediacy. You'll follow him from rural Oregon to Hollywood and the Disney Studio and finally to an institution as he recovers from a nervous breakdown brought on by his vocalization of Grumpy the Dwarf.
It's a Crazy Business includes:
- Pinto's early adventures in Hollywood, writing gags for Mack Sennett and voicing a Munchkin in The Wizard of Oz
- Pinto's arrival at the Disney Studio in the early 1930s, where he worked on gags for Walt and voiced Goofy, Grumpy, and the Practical Pig
- Pinto's vivid recollections of story meetings with Walt and the often eccentric behaviors of early Disney artists and gagmen
- Pinto's nervous breakdown and confinement in the "nut hatch", with surreal fantasies of skeletal Dwarfs and a bedside chat with God
The life of a comedic genius: in his own gag-strewn words!
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Ninguna opinión de cliente
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Valorar este producto
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
For those with a fun & fancy free mind, this book is a wild ride and fun read.
Pinto also did Practical Pig, Grumpy and Sleepy, as well as others. He was even a Munchkin (well, sort of, you'll have to read it yourself).
Besides his own multi-faceted career, Pinto writes about several others in the "business' including Carl Stallings, etc. This book is a treasure-trove of lore for those who want to know about the early days of sound in motion pictures, or Disney historians.
Edited with a easy hand and profusely footnoted by Todd James Pierce, in whose direction I bow. Excellent job.
* the book doesnt actually give the death- but Pinto succumbed to the same killer as did Walt in- Cigarettes and Lung Cancer.