- Tapa blanda: 416 páginas
- Editor: Pearson; Edición: 5th edition (11 de abril de 2012)
- Colección: The Merrill Counseling
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0132627507
- ISBN-13: 978-0132627504
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Ver el Índice completo
Learning the Art of Helping:Building Blocks and Techniques: United States Edition (The Merrill Counseling) (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 11 abr 2012
Hay una nueva edición de este producto:
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab (R). To order MyCounselingLab (R) packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134391071. This best-selling resource is a great refresher and hands-on resource for counselors new to their professions. It's packed with step-by-step guidance for developing the skills and techniques they need to effectively help their clients. It covers not just the basic building blocks in the profession, but also what the author calls the "megaskills" and common curative factors that lie behind the methods. The tone is conversational and the references are very useful. Also available with MyCounselingLab (R) This title is also available with MyCounselingLab-an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Learning the Art of Helping emphasizes the techniques and skills necessary to be effective in the art of helpingfrom the basic building blocks to advanced therapeutic techniques and goes beyond the basic techniques to address the megaskills and common curative factors that lie behind these methods, including how to form and repair a therapeutic relationship. The authors conversational tone is appealing to students, yet the book is carefully referenced for instructors. The goal is to make beginning helpers become reflective practitioners and this is accomplished through Stop and Reflect sections, exercises, homework, class discussion topics, and journal starters that support the approach. Included are ample opportunities for students to practice the skills and techniques plus video segments to let them see the ideas in practice.
- Readers have opportunities to pause, integrate the concepts and ideas, and consider their reaction to real cases and situations through theStop and Reflect sections within each chapter.
- Additional reinforcement is provided, giving students the chance to practice the skills theyve just learned with classmates through theGroup Exercises.
- Readers get to test new ideas and reflect on conflicts and challenges they develop as helpers throughJournal Starters that allow them to continue their learning between classes.
- Students get to see the techniques in action through Video Segments/Exercises for every basic skill in every chapter.
- This new edition continues the best selling features of the previous editions by emphasizing the skills needed in the art of helping while incorporating new integrative features that help readers discover the most effective methods for dealing with clients, including:
- Small Group Discussion topics at the end of each chapter.
- Self-Assessments in most chapters.
- Presentation of basic skills and advanced techniques, such as role-playing, reframing, and basic cognitive therapy methods.
- The most up-to-date research and references.
- The book addresses todays diverse culture.
- Readers get relevant information on suicide and risk assessment.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|