- Tapa blanda: 157 páginas
- Editor: Future Tense Books (3 de abril de 2012)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1892061422
- ISBN-13: 978-1892061423
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº1.059.020 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
Legs Get Led Astray (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 3 abr 2012
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Literary Nonfiction. LEGS GET LED ASTRAY is a provocative collection of essays that vividly rockets the reader through one young woman's life. Chloe Caldwell beautifully and bluntly escorts you through her childhood dreams, her first loves, her most unguarded sexual exploits, bookstore crushes, babysitting jobs, heartbroken wanderlust, and the suicide of a lost lover. Caldwell's writing remarkably explores the genre of personal nonfiction and has been featured inThe Rumpus, The Faster Times, and Mr. Beller's Neighborhood,The Nervous Breakdown, and Everyday Genius.
"Chloe Caldwell's LEGS GET LED ASTRAY is a scorching hot glitter box of youthful despair and dark delight. Tender and sharp, wide-eyed and searching, these essays have a reckless beauty that feels to me like magic."Cheryl Strayed
"Prepare to shed skin. Chloe Caldwell's essays will dare you to dissect your own life. Shot-through with sexuality and sass, her language will get up in you and turn you inside out in the best possible way."Lidia Yuknavitch
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
I discovered Caldwell when Powell's sent me a piece of her writing as part of an Indiespensables package (if you're reading this, chances are you like to read, and I would highly encourage you to look into Indiespensables). I'm glad I bought her book--the style is right up my alley. I did find, though, that because she had SUCH a distinct style, it got a little tedious. The good news is that these are short stories/essays, and you can stop and start as you please without losing much.
Caldwell writes about things I can relate to (love, mothers, moving across the country, crazy camps that make girls cry in a relieving, freeing sort of way) and lots of things I can't (drugs, orgies, an intense need to snoop through the belongings of those she loves). But she tells it all in such an honest way.
This isn't for everyone. The subjects can get very crass, and the language isn't clean. If this doesn't bother you, I would highly recommend you give Caldwell's little book a shot.
Very provocative writing style.
1) The writing is dangerous, sexy, and raw! She exposes herself in ways most people wouldn't dare to. The raw honesty and her story telling ability in the nonfiction/essay form is beautiful. Her prose is spot on and you feel like she is telling you each of these stories directly.
2) By the end of the book I felt like I knew her personally-like she was a friend I had known since high school. The essays do not all necessarily relate to each other, but they are personal and feel so familiar.
3) LGLA takes you by the throat, and doesn't let go until you're done!
I highly recommend Chloe's collection, and this should be required reading for anyone!