- Tapa dura: 80 páginas
- Editor: Bruno Gmunder Verlag GmbH (25 de septiembre de 2008)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 3861878879
- ISBN-13: 978-3861878872
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº600.985 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
Manly (Inglés) Tapa dura – 25 sep 2008
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Manly - these are piggy gay comics, although you also get a healthy dose of tender to go along with all the sex. Three stories intertwine, observing men in the best years of their lives doing what the love to do best! Dale Lazarov's sensual-sexual storyboard combined with Amy Colburn's brilliantly drawn masculine figures result in a celebration of carnal desires! These stories get by without any use of words, thus furthering the sexual fantasies of the readers.
Biografía del autor
Dale Lazarov, who lives and works in Chicago, made a name for himself in 2006 with his comic book STICKY (with co-author Steve MacIssac). Amy Colburn lives in Virginia and has been producing homoerotic illustrations for a variety of publications for years. This is their first collective publication.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
In the first story, BUSTED, an older cop joins forces with an attractive bystander who's anything but innocent to bring down a fleeing perp. The relationship continues with a torrid, after-hours encounter that refreshingly has an ending that's a lot happier than just the obligatory "money shot."
Story Two, CLINCH, finds the owner of a boxing gym connecting with a famous young pugilist who is more than a little familiar with him. Mutual admiration reveals mutual lust and the promise of a sizzling hook-up blossoms. It nearly dies on the vine when the two men discover they're not as well-prepared as they thought they were, but a creative solution puts things right and they still make some magic happen nevertheless. I can't imagine a hotter justification (or a more fitting advertisement) for safe sex than this one.
The final story, HOT LIBRARIAN, combines the best aspects of a situation that virtually every gay man can identify with, as well as the fantasy you can only hope to make real someday, if you're very lucky. Two men keep coming THISclose to meeting in a Leather bar, but bad timing and missed opportunities keep their chances for making a connection at bay. Ironically, it's not the bar, but in an everyday venue not known for inspiring romantic rendezvous where they finally come together, taking their passion to a more private venue where they really CAN "come together." The ending is open-ended and yet so heart-warming, you can't help but wish them well...
Thankfully, we have a publisher like Bruno Gmunder that specializes in putting out 'genre' pieces like MANLY. I look forward to not only seeing what Lazarov's future collaborations with other artists will bring, but to more books like this one that don't forget how the heart needs as much attention as the hard-on.
Mr. Lazarov, a bear of very little artistic ability (but with a great brain), did the storyboarding, while Ms. Colburn (who's bisexual, I think) created the illustrations -- which are stylistically a blend of Japanese anime/manga and Disney's human male characters, such as Hercules or Gaston. No voice balloons here; instead, silent-movie gestures and facial expressions supply the "dialogue."
A few of the things that I adored about "Manly" (and also "Sticky", Lazarov's earlier collaboration with illustrator Steve McIsaac):
* The men are strong, mature, often hairy, and thoroughly non-twinkish; if you want gay cartoon characters who look "barely legal," this ain't the book for you.
* The fact that "they're just cartoon characters and it's only a fantasy" is not used as an excuse to portray high-risk "bareback" sex -- the men either use highly visible condoms, or they choose to get off without anal penetration.
* The sex is always "versatile." None of that "the older, hairier, and more muscular guy must be the Top" nonsense -- these men take turns and swap roles (Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!)
* Finally, the endings of each story clearly hint that these aren't impersonal one-night stands between "tricks" -- though whether the guys will ultimately become long-term boyfriends, husbands, or simply enjoy a stable "sex buddy" sort of arrangement is left to the reader's imagination. There is, in any case, plenty of _filios_ and _agape_ (as Paul of Tarsus would've said it) balancing out the _eros_.
In other words: Buy it, you won't regret it.