"This second edition of the text is accompanied by an online study guide, which contains useful material including review questions, and references to relevant articles. I would highly recommend this informative, well-presented book to students and researchers seeking sound and practical updated knowledge in molecular biology."--Science Progress, vol 95, issue 2, 2012 "This molecular biology textbook from Clark and Pazdernik is geared toward upper-level undergraduate and beginning graduate students. The book is written with a preference for breadth over depth, beginning with several chapters to cover the basics for students with a non-molecular background in biology and continuing on in survey fashion to the topics of genomics research, RNA and protein function, gene expression, subcellular life-forms, and DNA alteration."--Reference & Research Book News, October 2013 "This book reflects the massive surge in our understanding of the molecular foundations of genetics. In order to understand where these technological advances are heading, there needs to be a basic understanding of how living organisms function at a molecular level. Molecular Biology, 2e, effectively introduces basic concepts followed by more specific applications as the text evolves."--ANTICANCER RESEARCH 33: 745-746 (2013), February 2013 "This comprehensive text gives students and researchers a sound and practical knowledge of molecular biology. Consisting of 28 lucidly written chapters, this book presents basic concepts, recent updates, methodological principles and applications in this central biology discipline. The authors have adopted an interesting pedagogic approach to ensure smooth delivery of the presented information. This involved the use of nicely-designed meaningful illustrations, highlighting key concepts in each chapter, and raising review and conceptual questions. There is also a novel feature of ‘Focus on Relevant Research’ sections relating pertinent research articles to key concepts in the text. These sections illustrate how the development of frontier research in molecular biology is based upon the proper understanding of its prime concepts. This second edition of the text is accompanied by an online study guide, which contains useful material including review questions, and references to relevant articles. I would highly recommend this informative, well-presented book to students and researchers seeking sound and practical updated knowledge in molecular biology."--Science Progress
Descripción del producto
- NEW: "Focus On Relevant Research" sections integrate primary literature from Cell Press and focus on helping the student learn how to read and understand research to prepare them for the scientific world.
- NEW: Academic Cell Study Guide features all articles from the text with concurrent case studies to help students build foundations in the content while allowing them to make the appropriate connections to the text.
- NEW: Animations provided include topics in protein purification, transcription, splicing reactions, cell division and DNA replication and SDS-PAGE
- Updated chapters on Genomics and Systems Biology, Proteomics, Bacterial Genetics and Molecular Evolution and RNA
- Updated ancillary package includes flashcards, online self quizzing, references with links to outside content and PowerPoint slides with images.
- Fully revised art program