- Tapa blanda: 720 páginas
- Editor: Parlor Press; Edición: abridged edition (5 de enero de 2004)
- Idioma: Inglés, Español
- ISBN-10: 1932559019
- ISBN-13: 978-1932559019
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº1.195.947 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
Orlando Innamorato = Orlando in Love (Inglés) Tapa blanda – Abreviado, 5 ene 2004
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Like Ariosto's Orlando Furioso and Tasso's Jerusalem Delivered, Boiardo's chivalric stories of lords and ladies first entertained the culturally innovative court of Ferrara in the Italian Renaissance. Inventive, humorous, inexhaustible, the story recounts Orlando's love-stricken pursuit of "the fairest of her Sex, Angelica" (in Milton's terms) through a fairyland that combines the military valors of Charlemagne's knights and their famous horses with the enchantments of King Arthur's court. Today it seems more than ever appropriate to offer a new, unabridged edition of Boiardo's Orlando Innamorato, the first Renaissance epic about the common customs of, and the conflicts between, Christian Europe and Islam. Having extensively revised his earlier translation for general readers, Charles Ross has added headings and helpful summaries to Boiardo's cantos. Tenses have been regularized, and terms of gender and religion have been updated, but not so much as to block the reader's encounter with how Boiardo once viewed the world. Charles Stanley Ross has degrees from Harvard College and the University of Chicago and teaches English and comparative literature at Purdue University. "Neglect of Italian romances robs us of a whole species of pleasure and narrows our very conception of literature. It is as if a man left out Homer, or Elizabethan drama, or the novel. For like these, the romantic epic of Italy is one of the great trophies of the European genius: a genuine kind, not to be replaced by any other, and illustrated by an extremely copious and brilliant production. It is one of the successes, the undisputed achievements." -C. S. Lewis
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Este producto está incluido en el Outlet de Libros.
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
The inglish is not hard, but it could have been a little easier.
I do recommend this book..
However, this particular edition of the translation has more errors than you'll be used to seeing in a book. Probably 90% of the errors seem to be a result of the editing of the manuscript to regularize tense (you'll see remnants of the old edition that weren't excised when the new bits were put in); the other 10% are mere typographical errors.
The errors don't really detract from the enjoyment of being able to read Boiardo, but if I ever read the Innamorato again, I'll probably pencil in corrections. If you think you won't like stumbling on such errors now and then (they really are few, when you think about it), I'd suggest trying to locate an older (1980's) edition of the text.
technique. Very attractive edition. I recommend it to everyone.
This edition is beautifully rendered into verse, but it is abridged. The complete poetic text of the story is not present. However, the translator always summarizes (in narrative form) those parts he leaves out. There is also a useful introduction and extremely helpful annotations that explain difficult passages in the story. I highly recommend this book, especially if you are a fan of Orlando Furioso or Pulci's Morgante.