- Tapa dura: 320 páginas
- Editor: Collins; Edición: 1 (20 de febrero de 1997)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0060174021
- ISBN-13: 978-0060174026
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
Pasta e Verdura (Inglés) Tapa dura – 20 feb 1997
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
140 recipes for cooks who love pasta and want to eat healthy meals that are delicious and satisfying.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Ninguna opinión de cliente
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Valorar este producto
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
The book covers:
1. How to make perfect pasta every time,
2. What to get for your pantry
3. A list of "Low Fat Sauces", "Dairy Free Sauces" and "Quick Sauces"
4. Recipes for vegetables from Artichokes to Zucchini (maybe three to six recipes for each vegetables)
I look forward to cooking and enjoying the rest of these pasta dishes.
The recipes get back to what is most essential about vegetarian cooking: the vegetables. My family makes pasta dishes like these all the time, but we don't have the range, knowledge of ingredients, or the genius for flavoring just right.
Most of the recipes use the simplest preparation methods, with only a few herbs, some garlic, great olive oil, and a flawless sense of taste combining. I find it's very easy to choose an appropriate wine with this method of cooking, because I just pair with the main vegetable ingredient, knowing that nothing else in the recipe will compete with it.
As a person of Sicilian heritage, I consider pasta my one indispensable food item and could eat it every day. With this book in hand to give me good ideas all year round, I could honestly do that and be happy! I anticipate using this book 2-4 times per week from now on, and never expect to be bored.
Jack Bishop's cookbooks have taught me to use enough olive oil. Basically with that one secret, I've managed to improve my results manifold. Don't skimp; use what the recipe calls for. It won't be greasy or heavy, but just perfect.
I have cooked recipes from this book for my Italian colleagues who were universally impressed by the results. And, quite honestly, I'm not sure if my wife would have married me if I hadn't delved into this book. The first time that I cooked "Spicy mixed peppers with basil and parmesan" was an unqualified success.
This book contains over 100 great recipes for pasta sauces, but if you want suggestions for some specific ones (the type for which you'd bend a corner of a page if you were to give the book as a gift) try (page numbers refer to the hardback version):
1) Chopped broccoli puree with garlic (pg. 65)
2) Blanched broccoli with spicy black olive vinaigrette (pg. 67)
3) Aglio e olio (a great garlic and olive oil recipe) (pg. 148)
4) Pasta alla puttanesca (pg. 290)
5) Pasta arrabbiata (pg. 296)
Sauces to impress
1) Golden Cauiflower in Spicy Tomato Sauce (pg. 101)
2) Sauteed endive with bell peppers, shallots and white wine (pg. 124)
3) Carmelized vidalia onions with black olives and rosemary (pg. 152)
4) Steamed green beans with double mushroom sauce (pg. 164)
5) Spicy mixed peppers with basil and parmesan (pg. 234)
6) Roasted red pepper sauce (pg. 238)
7) Roasted new potatoes with herbs, garlic and balsamic vinegar (pg. 248)
8) Spinach in tomato sauce with shallots and carrots (pg. 263)
9) Slow-cooked zucchini with tomato sauce (pg. 312)
Of course, almost anything else from the book is worth trying as well. These are just some recipes to start. Overall, this book is fantastic. I use it at least twice a week, and the inspiration that it has provided is even more pervasive. Grazie, Jack Bishop!