- Tapa blanda: 322 páginas
- Editor: Springer Verlag GmbH; Edición: 1st ed. (28 de diciembre de 2009)
- Colección: Pro
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1430226471
- ISBN-13: 978-1430226475
Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon:
nº492.811 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- n.° 1206 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Hardware y dispositivos portátiles
- n.° 6554 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Ciencias informáticas
- n.° 9522 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Programación y desarrollo de software
- Ver el Índice completo
Pro Android Games (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 28 dic 2009
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Do you remember landmark games like Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Asteroids? Well, here's an exciting opportunity to build and/or port these games to one of the hottest mobile and netbooks platforms today: Google's Android.
Pro Android Games teaches you how to build cool games like Space Blaster and the classic Asteroids from scratch on the latest Android platform. This book also shows you how to port other classic freeware/shareware games like Doom and Wolfenstein 3D from C using the Java Native Interface (JNI) for Android.
This book is all about a unique perspective in Android game development: a well-balanced, powerful combination of pure Java and hybrid game development, mixing Java and C. By combining the elegant object-oriented features of Java and the raw power of C, there is no limit to the types of games that you can build for the platform. With actionable real-world source code in hand, this book allows you to dive right into games development on Android. You'll definitely have fun, and perhaps you'll even make some money. Enjoy!
Biografía del autor
Vladimir Silva holds a master's degree in computer science from Middle Tennessee State University. He worked for four years at IBM as a research engineer, where he acquired extensive experience in distributed and grid computing research. Vladimir is a highly technical, focus-based individual and team player. He belongs to two national honor societies, has published many computer science articles for IBM, and is author of Grid Computing for Developers (Charles River Media, 2005) and RCP Practical Projects (Apress, 2008).
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Opiniones de clientes
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com (beta)
- The author provides really good content and great advice for game programmers that are on the intermediate to advanced level.
- You'll learn how to do it all natively, using C and Android NDK, which if you ask me is really efficient for porting games between Android and iOS.
- The author does a really good job of explaining stuff, and he even touches on the basic stuff a little, so if you are not fluent in OpenGL ES 2.0, or you never used Android NDK you will still be fine.
- This book is exactly the same as the one he wrote call Advanced Android 4 Games, so if you already have it then you have no reason to buy this. There are two additional chapters in this book covering Bluetooth Controllers and Augmented reality (which you can learn elsewhere for free), but everything else is WORD FOR WORD identical. I am happy that Amazon has a great return policy or else I would be furious.
The reason why I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
- A lot of authors give you watered down information, or information that won't really take you very far. Vladimir Silva gives you the information that you need to excel in the game programming community. You can definitely tell that the author is a pro and the information is sincere and valuable. However, I purchased Advanced Android 4 Games a while ago, and Pro Android Games 2nd edition is identical to Advanced Android 4 Games word for word. The only difference are the two new chapters in the back covering Bluetooth controllers and Augmented Reality, which if you ask me it is not worth 39.99$ IF YOU ALREADY purchased the Advanced Android 4 Games book. If you never purchased Advanced Android 4 Games (which I suspect many people didn't since that would be the only reason why I would release another book under a different name but with the same content), then this book is an excellent purchase.
- This book would be worthy of 5 stars had I not purchased Advanced Android 4 Games (or more new content was included), but now I got to go through the hassle of returning it and I waited long for this book to come out... for only 2 new chapters, it is not enough.
This is the only one I needed, the rest were either too theoretical or irrelevant.
This one really hits the nail on the head and gives me exactly what I need to make games.
However it was written before the NDK came out, ignore everything the book says about the ARM toolset because it is included in the NDK.
Another thing - they should have mentioned the possibility of using game engines instead of writing your own from scratch.
The two commercial engines that you care about are ShiVa and Unity. And for open source - Irrlicht.
Big advantage with these engines - you can easily port your game to iPhone and other platforms too.
For if you need to write native-level games now, this is the book to buy, now. It's full of typos, it needed another round of proofreading, and it's already dated somewhat by NDK 1.6, but it shows how to get games like Wolf3D and Doom running in C on the Android and it's in print rather than out there on a set of disparate web pages. There's nothing else out there like it at the moment.
5 stars for content as it really does deliver on the goods and 3 stars for coherency and lack of sufficient proofreading.
This could have easily been an online tutorial and not a book. TERRIBLE
Buscar productos similares por categoría
- Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Ciencias informáticas
- Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Hardware y dispositivos portátiles
- Libros en idiomas extranjeros > Informática, internet y medios digitales > Programación y desarrollo de software