Descripción del producto
Pro Oracle SQL unlocks the power of SQL in the Oracle Databaseone of the most potent SQL implementations on the market today. To master it requires a three-pronged approach: learn the language features, learn the supporting features that Oracle provides to help use the language effectively, and learn to think and work in sets.
Karen Morton and her team help you master powerful aspects of Oracle SQL not found in competing databases. Youll learn analytic functions, the MODEL clause, and advanced grouping syntaxfeatures that will help in creating good queries for reporting and business intelligence applications. Pro Oracle SQL also helps you minimize parsing overhead, read execution plans, test for correct results, and exert control over SQL execution in your database. Youll learn when to create indexes, how to verify that they make a difference, how to use SQL Profiles to optimize SQL in packaged applications, and much more. Youll also understand how SQL is optimized for working in sets, and that the key to getting accurate results lies in making sure that queries ask clear and precise questions.
Whats the bottom-line? Pro Oracle SQL helps you work at a truly professional level in Oracle dialect of SQL. Youll master the language, the tools to work effectively with the language, and the right way to think about a problem in SQL. Pro Oracle SQL helps you rise above the crowd to provide stellar service in your chosen profession.
- Endorsed by the OakTable Network, a group of Oracle technologists well-known for their rigorous and scientific approach to Oracle Database performance
- Comprehensivegoes beyond the language with a focus on what you need to know to write successful queries and data manipulation statements.
What youll learn
- Master powerful SQL features implemented only in Oracle Database
- Read and interpret SQL execution plans
- Quickly diagnose and fix badly performing SQL
- Control execution plans through hints, profiles, and plan baselines
- Optimize queries within packaged applications without touching the code
- Recognize when not to waste time on SQL that is performing optimally