Proctor Silex 43671 Independiente Totalmente automática - Cafetera (Independiente, Cafetera de filtro, Color blanco, Botones, 12 tazas, De café molido)
- Reservorio de agua extraible
Descripción del producto
Apagado automático: Si
Café tipo de entrada: De café molido
Capacidad en tazas: 12 tazas
Color del producto: Color blanco
Función de reloj: Si
Máquina de café: Totalmente automática
Pantalla incorporada: Si
Partes de platos a prueba de agua: 120 min
Preparación de café: Si
Tipo de control: Botones
Tipo de producto: Cafetera de filtro
Opiniones de clientes
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
Original Review: Buying a good coffee maker has been a challenge for us for over a decade so I was excited when I read all the great reviews of this product and the fantastic price. But we don't like it.
* What it calls a "cup" is far smaller than most other coffee makers we have had. For instance 10 or 11 brewed cups of coffee in this machine is the equivalent volume of 8 brewed cups in our old machines.
* We need to use slightly more beans than our old machines to get the same strength coffee.
* The lid cannot be removed from the carafe which makes cleaning and drying the carafe difficult (and forget putting it in the dishwasher).
* The cup gauge/markings on the side of the carafe don't measure the same volume as those on the reservoir. In other words, I measured 8 cups of water in the carafe, and when I poured it into the machine, the reservoir measured 9 cups.
Followup to my short review. We recently received an email from Amazon asking us to contact Hamilton Beach about our very short one star review.
On 3/18/2017 I talked with Jennifer at HB. She wanted to know what the problem was. I told her the light and programing panel failed six months after we purchased the coffee maker.
She asked me if I still had the coffee maker. Yes, I did. She told me to ship it back to HB, at a cost of $12 to me . Then HB would replace it. I said NO WAY was I going to pay $12 to ship their failed coffee maker back to them. Then she reduced the shipping charge to $8.00 I said NO WAY.
She then told me to cut the cord on the coffee maker, take a picture of the coffee maker with the cut cord, then to email the picture to them with a code that she gave me in the subject line.
I cut the cord, took a picture, and sent the picture to HB as requested. Yesterday a new coffee maker arrived from HB via UPS.
Moral of the story, call HB about your problem and take a hard line on not paying HB anything for backing up their product warranty. It worked for me and it might work for you.
Meanwhile, we purchased another coffee maker from another product line and the new HB coffee maker remains in the box, unopened --- but at least we now have a backup coffee maker if we need it. .
Despite HB doing the above I have no plans to buy any other HB product.
If you add water to the 4 cup mark inside the coffee maker if gives you 2 normal sized cups of coffee, and it would probably fill one thermos.
EDIT - I've returned this item, I don't know if I received a defective appliance or if it's a problem across the line, but the coffee seems to be less hot everyday. I really liked the size, and the features it offered.