SILICEO® Tarjeta PCI USB 3.0 4 puertos ADAPTADOR PCI-EXPRESS TARJETA PCIE HUB 4 PORTS CARD VIA VL800 -- 4 PORT USB 3.0 PCI-e PCB Card
Descripción del producto
TARJETA INTERNA PARA HUB DE 4 PUERTOS USB 3.0 PCI-EXPRESS (Nuevo con embalaje original completo) Funciona 100% compatible para PCI-E Chipset VIA VL800 5 Gbit/s DESCRIPCIÓN DE PRODUCTO: ** Conexión a la placa base en ranura PCI EXPRESS ** Velocidad de transmisión: hasta 5 Gbit/s (625 MB/s) ** Compatible simultáneamente con USB 3.0, 2.0, 1.1 y 1.0 ** Puertos USB externos: 4 ** Chipset VIA VL800 ** Cuenta con protección de sobreintensidad de 900 mA en cada puerto ** Soporta Windows 7, XP, Vista (32-64), 2000, Cada puerto ofrece DC 5V 1A puerto USB 3.0 Los puertos USB están adaptados para conexiones rápidas y permiten "el cambio en caliente" Los puertos USB son Plug & Play La tarjeta lleva conexion de suministro eléctrico supletorio. El paquete incluye: 1 x USB 3.0 tarjeta PCI-E con conector externo de suministro 900 mA Max. 1 x CD Driver
Opiniones de clientes
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
As others mentioned, this card does NOT come with a power cable. For my PC I needed a molex to SATA power adapter cable. Your configuration may differ, but you do need to supply power to the molex power port on the card.
There are no installation instructions provided, so here's what worked for me:
1. The supplied mini-disk includes drivers, but they are in a confusing set of sub-directories with numerical folder names. There is no readme.txt file. The card had a number stenciled on the back "898U3-4", which corresponded to one of the numbered folders on the mini-disk.
Inside that folder on the driver disk is a setup.exe program. You would think that running this setup.exe program would install the drivers.
This does not work, as the installation starts and then complains that a license file is missing. So....
2. Install the hardware card in the PCI slot of the PC and let Windows try to find the drivers. This also doesn't work, and Windows complains that drivers were not installed for the device. So...
3. Open the control panel and go to the device manager. You'll see the card shown in the USB-Serial-Bus section with the yellow exclamation point indicating a driver problem. Double-click on it to open the Properties window and install the driver manually from the mini-disk folder corresponding to the model "898U3-4".
4. You are almost done. After installing the driver above, you now get a new device showing up with a yellow exclamation point. This time it is the USB-hub that needs its driver installed. Again, double click and from the properties window install the XHC driver from the sub-directory in the "898U3-4" folder.
5. Now, the needed drivers are installed and the card works well.
Although not plug-and-play, and also somewhat odd that the setup program is missing some license file, the above work-around did the trick for me.
With the drivers installed, this card provides an extra 4 USB-3,0 ports at a very good price.
However problems started to occur almost immediately.
The system would drop the add on card and it would seemingly disappear from my hardware list in my control panel. It could only be fixed by rebooting the computer. The same thing happened with my Western Digital 1 TB external HD.
I used a program called Driver Genius to manually see if there was an updated driver for my system. It found one and updated them. Initially I thought my problem was fixed as it stayed connected much longer (minutes instead of seconds), but still it would randomly disconnect my USB peripheral in the middle of a file transfer. I didn't have to reboot now to fix it, just remove and reinsert the USB device to connect.
I ended up returning the product earlier this week. In conclusion, I would say look elsewhere. The drivers are crud and connection is unreliable.
Intel i7 920
Intel DX58SO Motherboard
6 GB RAM
AMD 4670 GPU
Antec 750 watt PSU
Windows 7 Pro x64
USB 2.0 Thumb Drive (2 GB)
USB 3.0 Thumb Drive (16 GB)
USB 2.0 Western Digital 1 TB Harddrive
USB 2.0 Phone Charger / Data Transfer for Droid Phone
Firmly sit in the slot and run setup with CD. that's it.
I had experiences with unstable USB 3.0 card before, this card shows perfect working without any of problem.
If I find any of quality problem in the future, I will correct this review.
Good price, prompt shipping, and perfect quality.
update; After 2 month, this product didn't make any problem.
update; After 4months, No problem.
Sometimes occur sudden disconnection due to not perfect fit in the jack connection,
However you must understand All of USB3.0 cards have same connection problem.
Other products are more serious disconnection problem.
If you have this issue, do not reboot, just give some impact to connection point on the card or pull out and then reconnect it.
As others have indicated in their user reviews the documentation is nil. I inserted the little CD, went into the Control Panel and brought up the Hardware display. I used Update Driver on this USB card and pointed it at the CD. It did find the correct driver and loaded it - but the process never completed. I rebooted the computer after which the new card functioned oroperly.
The card is dirt cheap and works. I'm pretty happy with it.