- Tapa blanda: 408 páginas
- Editor: John Wiley & Sons Inc; Edición: 2nd (27 de septiembre de 2012)
- Colección: For Dummies
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 9781118120354
- ISBN-13: 978-1118120354
- ASIN: 1118120353
- Valoración media de los clientes: 2 opiniones de clientes
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº131.577 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- Ver el Índice completo
Compara precios en Amazon
+ Envío GRATIS
Six Sigma For Dummies (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 27 sep 2012
Los clientes que vieron este producto también vieron
¿Qué otros productos compran los clientes tras ver este producto?
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
The fast and easy way to understand and implement Six Sigma The world's largest and most profitable companies including the likes of GE, Bank of America, Honeywell, DuPont, Samsung, Starwood Hotels, Bechtel, and Motorola have used Six Sigma to achieve breathtaking improvements in business performance, in everything from products to processes to complex systems and even in work environments. Over the past decade, over $100 billion in bottom-line performance has been achieved through corporate Six Sigma programs. Yet, despite its astounding effectiveness, few outside of the community of Six Sigma practitioners know what Six Sigma is all about. With this book, Six Sigma is revealed to everyone. You might be in a company that's already implemented Six Sigma, or your organization may be considering it. You may be a student who wants to learn how it works, or you might be a seasoned business professional who needs to get up to speed. In any case, this updated edition of Six Sigma For Dummies is the most straightforward, non-intimidating guide on the market. New and updated material, including real-world examples What Six Sigma is all about and how it works The benefits of Six Sigma in organizations and businesses The powerful "DMAIC" problem-solving roadmap Yellow, Green and Black how the Six Sigma "belt" system works How to select and utilize the right tools and technologies Speaking the language of Six Sigma; knowing the roles and responsibilities; and mastering the statistics skills and analytical methods Six Sigma For Dummies will become everyone's No. 1 resource for discovering and mastering the world's most famous and powerful improvement tool. Stephen Covey is spot-on when he says, "Six Sigma For Dummies is a book to be read by everyone."
Use Six Sigma to improve business performance and reap big profits
Millions of people work in companies that use Six Sigma to achieve quantum leaps in performance in everything from products and processes to systems and even environments. But for beginners, Six Sigma can seem confusing and mysterious. Relax! Six Sigma For Dummies explains it all, whether you need help implementing the methodology or just understanding it.
- Meet the big Six get an overview of the Six Sigma methodology, the key principles underlying its applications, and the roles and phases involved in its implementation
- Size it up dig into the details of the Six Sigma DMAIC problem-solving road map to discover how to properly scope and launch a project
- Get to the root find out how to use the Six Sigma DMAIC analyzing road map to objectively eliminate trivial and unimportant factors
- Don't lose your cool get a handle on the improving and controlling aspects of the DMAIC problem-solving road map to synthesize improvement and lock in your gains
- Grab some tools get a listing of the technology tools and information systems that Six Sigma practitioners use
Open the book and find:
- What Six Sigma is and how it works
- The founding principles and language of Six Sigma
- How to analyze data through charts and graphs
- The roles and responsibilities of Belts and Champions
- Ways to forecast future performance
- How to design, conduct, and analyze experiments
- The top do's and don'ts of Six Sigma
- Grasp what Six Sigma is and how it works
- Achieve quantum leaps in performance and impact the bottom line
- Utilize the DMAIC problem-solving method
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
2 opiniones de clientes
Valorar este producto
Mostrando 1-2 de 2 opiniones
Ha surgido un problema al filtrar las opiniones justo en este momento. Vuelva a intentarlo en otro momento.
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
If you are starting on the journey of Six Sigma this book is a great tool. It allows a novice to get their feet wet without feeling overwhelmed or lost.
The style is a little too informal for my tastes. It is basically 300 pages of bullet statements, but that is in keeping with the idea behind the series. Also, although a minor complaint, it is littered with overblown adjectives like `astounding results', `unwavering focus', and `so expertly skilled'. Having said that, it is an easy read, and has lots of useful content. I found the basic statistics coverage to be quite good - readable for a novice, but with real content.
The Six Sigma DMAIC stages that are explained in the book are similar in some ways to the steps of a data mining project. The similarities are more than surface deep, but there are differences as well. This book gave me sufficient insight into this to translate from one language to another.
Most data miners could make a real dent in this book on one or two long airplane flights, so given the small investment in time and money, I recommend it highly. If you are new to statistics but need them for six sigma, there are parts that might seem a tough slog, but that is what everyone (including the authors) seems to say about statistics.