- Tapa blanda: 34 páginas
- Editor: Usborne Publishing Ltd (16 de noviembre de 2010)
- Colección: Sticker Dolly Dressing
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1409514277
- ISBN-13: 978-1409514275
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº250.654 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
Sticker Dolly Dressing Around the World (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 16 nov 2010
Descripción del producto
'The perfect gift for any girl 5+. The quality is great too, and if you make a mistake the stickers peel off easily without damaging. 10/10!' - The Mile Long Bookshelf blog; 'The Sticker Dolly Dressing series is a great example of why Usborne's activity books are brilliant value, packed with huge amounts of quality stickers and multiple scenes. The publisher gets its titles spot-on for children of 5+' - The Bookseller
Reseña del editor
Follow fashions across the globe with this fun and informative addition to the hit "Sticker Dolly Dressing" series. Help dress the men and women in their traditional clothes from nations and cultures across the world. This title includes national costumes such as the kimonos of Japan, saris of India, bubas of Nigeria and the flamenco costumes of Spain.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Ninguna opinión de cliente
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Valorar este producto
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
This book with the blue cover does NOT have re-useable stickers (which is what I wanted).
I love how the book showed both male and female clothing examples for nearly all of the countries/cultures (except for Korea and Cambodia).
I also love how the book includes a map with all the locations! Then you get mini images of the outfits to match to each location on the map! This was such an awesome learning tool that Usborne should put it in ALL applicable sticker books (or maybe a timeline if that is more appropraite). For example, the Costumes Around the World book does not have that map and so the kids do not really understand where everyone is on a map and even if you do look at a map, its not the same as having it right there in the book to continually reference.
Inside the blue book are the following themes and cultures:
- Folk Festival in Austria
- Traditional Wedding in Japan
- Reindeer Herders in Norway
- Carnival/Celebration in Mexico
- Wedding in India (Hindu)
- Traditional Dinner in Korea
- Traditional Dancer in Cambodia
- Church in Nigeria
- Flamenco Dancers in Spain
- Harvest Festival in Tibet
- Folk Dancers in Poland
- Llama herders in Peru
Ends with a world map with all the locations marked.
Overall, this is an excellent resource for teaching cultural geography to students. Pair it with the Costumes form around the world sticker book for an even more complete study.
1. Not commercial or based on TV characters, which is kind of a relief.
2. The people in the scenes are usually wearing very modest underwear and the child goes to the sticker pages and chooses clothing to put on the people. (Lots of accessories, too.)
3. Sticker pages tell you what scene the clothing is meant to go on.
4. Educational value. Yes! The ballet book features famous ballets, not random scenes. The Around the World book takes you to different countries and lets you dress people of various cultures in their traditional outfits. The historical fashion one features specific eras in different countries.
5. Diversity. Although there's lots of Western culture (USA/Europe) in these books, there is also some diversity. Not all the people are white, yay, and the places you visit include many non-Western countries and cultures.