Descripción del producto
This book provides all the vital information you need to know about tuberculosis, especially in the face of drug-resistant strains of the disease. Coverage includes which patient populations face an elevated risk of infection, as well as which therapies are appropriate and how to correctly monitor ongoing treatment so that patients are cured. Properly administer screening tests, interpret their results, and identify manifestations of the disease, with authoritative guidance from expert clinicians from around the world.
- Discusses screening tests for tuberculosis so you can interpret their results and identify not only common manifestations of the disease, but also those that are comparatively rare—such as tuberculosis in pregnant women.
- Covers all clinical aspects of tuberculosis in children, including current practices on managing those infected with HIV.
- Provides details on how best to interact with the public health system in both industrialized and developing countries.
- Addresses the social aspects of tuberculosis and presents the latest advances on new and potential vaccines against tuberculosis.
- Offers the expertise of internationally recognized tuberculosis clinicians to provide you with well-rounded, global coverage.
- Features numerous illustrations to provide clear and detailed depictions of rare manifestations of tuberculosis.