"It was a pleasure to read this magnificent book that can be used for teaching and as a desk reference. In short, this is the premier textbook in vitamins and may be used at both the graduate and undergraduate levels."
-JOURNAL OF OPTIMAL NUTRITION
"This text would be useful for anyone teaching a course about vitamins."
"The organization of the book is a unique and useful approach to presenting material. Students will find the formatting of individual chapters extremely useful. This is an excellent learning textbook for an undergraduate or early graduate course on the vitamins."
-JOURNAL OF NUTRITION EDUCATION
"The book is obviously valuable to those teaching or using information associated with vitamins. I also recommend the book to other teachers as a way of presenting material to students to learn rather than memorize."
-JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MEDICAL EDUCATION
"The strength of this book is the clear description of the chemistry of each vitamin and related compounds and of the biochemistry and metabolic functions in the body. For those who want to build their knowledge of the vitamins on a chemical and biochemical base, this book will prove excellent."
-AUSTRALIAN VETERINARY JOURNAL
Descripción del producto
- Selected for inclusion in Doody's Core Titles 2013, an essential collection development tool for health sciences libraries
- Includes approximately 30% new material
- Substantial updates have been made to chapters on vitamins A, C, E, K, folate, and the quasi-vitamins
- Provides checklists of systems affected by vitamin deficiencies and food sources of vitamins
- Key concepts, learning objectives, vocabulary,case studies, study questions and additional reading lists are included making this ideally suited for students
- Thoroughly updated with important recent research results, including citations to key reports, many added tables and several new figures
- Addition of Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (HANES III) data
- Updated Dietary Reference Values