- Tapa blanda: 304 páginas
- Editor: Top Shelf Productions; Edición: 01 (21 de abril de 2009)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1603090355
- ISBN-13: 978-1603090353
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº145.226 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
Voice of the Fire (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 21 abr 2009
Los clientes que vieron este producto también vieron
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
- In a story full of lust, madness, and ecstasy, we meet twelve distinctive characters that lived in the same region of central England over the span of six thousand years. Their narratives are woven together in patterns of recurring events, strange traditions, and uncanny visions. First, a cave-boy loses his mother, falls in love, and learns a deadly lesson. He is followed by an extraordinary cast of characters: a murderess who impersonates her victim, a fisherman who believes he has become a different species, a Roman emissary who realizes the bitter truth about the Empire, a crippled nun who is healed miraculously by a disturbing apparition, an old crusader whose faith is destroyed by witnessing the ultimate relic, two witches, lovers, who burn at the stake. Each interconnected tale traces a path in a journey of discovery of the secrets of the land.
- In the tradition of Kipling's Puck of Pook's Hill, Schwob's Imaginary Lives, and Borges' A Universal History of Infamy, Alan Moore (Watchmen, From Hell, Lost Girls) travels through history blending truth and conjecture, in a novel that is dazzling, moving, sometimes tragic, but always mesmerizing.
- Now available in paperback for the first time in America! With an Introduction by Neil Gaiman, a signature of full-color plates by José Villarrubia, and a cover design by Chip Kidd.
Biografía del autor
Alan Moore is widely regarded as the best and most influential writer in the history of comics. His seminal works include Miracleman and Watchmen, for which he won the coveted Hugo Award. Never one to limit himself in form or content, Moore has also published novels, Voice of the Fire and Jerusalem, and an epic poem, The Mirror of Love. Four of his ground-breaking graphic novels--From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--have been adapted to the silver screen. Moore currently resides in Northampton, England.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
Here is my one complaint: Some of the earlier stories with their simplified caveman-like dialogue, while interesting, were also frustrating. It was a fun device, but it has its limits, and after some time, the story became tedious because it was like wading through mud. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable read. I'd definitely recommend it to someone who enjoys Moore's work, with the precaution that they should know what his style in the book will be like.