- Tapa blanda: 332 páginas
- Editor: Routledge; Edición: 1 (12 de junio de 2009)
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 0240812263
- ISBN-13: 978-0240812267
- Valoración media de los clientes: Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº772.578 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
- Ver el Índice completo
Vue 7: From the Ground Up: The Official Guide (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 12 jun 2009
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
Create lush terrains and atmospheres in Vue and enhance your knowledge of all the features in this software such as lighting, cameras, and Python scripting. Ami and Vladimir Chopine, from GeekAtPlay.com guide you through 17 stand-alone tutorials, each with a different focus on the key components of Vue. The companion website includes brand new video tutorials from Geekatplay as well as materials, atmosphere settings, image maps, models, project files, and completed images and animations.
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Si eres el vendedor de este producto, ¿te gustaría sugerir ciertos cambios a través del servicio de atención al vendedor?
Opiniones de clientes
|5 estrellas (0%)|
|4 estrellas (0%)|
|3 estrellas (0%)|
|2 estrellas (0%)|
|1 estrella (0%)|
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com
Vue 7 - From the Ground Up is a new book from them which is a beginners guide to learning the "Vue 7" software available from e-onsoftware.com. This book is mainly focused on starting the user out from square one and building on the fundamentals to learning Vue 7 in a logical and non overwhelming manor.
Each chapter is laid out in an easy to read and understand format that will guide you a step at a time to understanding what Vue 7 is and how to use the basic skills of this software. At the end of each chapter is a learning tutorial for you to do (which I HIGHLY recommend). These tutorials, including some FREE add-ons that you will need for some of the exercises are available for download (again all free) from the book's web site. Personally, I would suggest you finish the learning tutorials on your own, even though the finished product is supplied on the web site and just use the materials required for the exercises where needed. That way you really get a feel of learning.
The book and chapters are well laid out and there are several color photos for you to refer to. However, I would have liked to seen a few more photos showing some key references in the book that were just talked about but not pictured. This is not a detraction in any way, just something I think there could be more of.
NOTE: while this book is mainly aimed at those wanting to get up to speed and learn Vue from the very basics on, I feel it remains a valuable resource for most anyone using this software regardless. It gives you not only the learning fundamentals, but also the knowledge to build upon so you can go to the geekatplay.com web site and continue with their excellent free tutorials on more advanced topics.
Bottom line is this book is a must own for anyone that wants to or is using Vue 7 and I can think of no one better to recommend than geekatplay.com for doing so.
1) BUY this book. It does a great job of explaining the features of Vue and how to use them. The step-by-step tutorials are very good. I have gotten lost a couple times, but I eventually was able to figure out what I either did wrong, or what the authors meant by the direction.
2) Visit the authors' website (geekatplay.com) to view their free online video tutorials! I was very impressed with both the quality and quantity of videos. Most people don't give this much stuff away free--especially when it is this good. It definitely shows they are committed to helping others learn these skills. If you are interested in animation make sure you watch their video tutorial "Flying Over Clouds." (Number 121)
3) Download the free Vue 7 Infinite PLE (Personal Learning Edition) version from the e-on software site. It has all the features of the full version which costs $895, and it doesn't expire. Obviously, there are some limitations connected to the PLE version. One of the major limitations is that when the files are rendered they have the software's logo and watermarked applied to it. And, the files won't work with other editions of Vue. However, if your goal is to learn how to use Vue 7 without spending any money on the software this is a great way to do it.
(If you are a student or educator, you can purchase a one year Education Version of Vue 7 Infinite for $99. I ordered mine this morning. You can also download the totally free Vue 7 Pioneer version, but I don't think it has features you need for doing many of the exercises in this book.)
After a year of thinking about learning Vue, I'm actually doing it! My next purchase is going to be the "Steam Punk flying ship" used in the "Flying Over Clouds" animation tutorial. Hey, it only costs $18.50 and I've already saved hundreds of dollars!
Update (June 24, 2009): I finished this book, and now I'm learning more with Richard Schrand's "Vue 7: Beyond the Basics." Thanks Ami and Vladimir for teaching me the basics. I love your website and I keep going back to watch more!
The authors assume you have Vue 7 Complete, equipped with every available module, while I would guess most users have a less complete version; certainly I do. It would have been nice of this book to let you know which features are not always available.
The key things I like about the book are:
- Full color, with lots of illustrations
- Written for the beginner and the advanced user
- Helps build knowledge and confidence without insulting your intelligence
- Full of tips and tricks
- Is a reference book as well as a learning tool
If you are using Pioneer or Esprit some of the features talked about in the book aren't available. However, I think you can download the PLE version for free to be able to access those features and get even more from from the book.
Another great thing is that the book fits nicely in with the hours and hours of additional free training material at the [...]website. Which, I strongly recommend you go check out.