- Tapa dura: 304 páginas
- Editor: IDW Publishing; Edición: 01 (14 de abril de 2011)
- Colección: X-9 Secret Agent Corrigan
- Idioma: Inglés
- ISBN-10: 1600108717
- ISBN-13: 978-1600108716
- Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº223.069 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros (Ver el Top 100 en Libros en idiomas extranjeros)
X-9: Secret Agent Corrigan Volume 2 (Inglés) Tapa dura – 14 abr 2011
|Nuevo desde||Usado desde|
"Vuelva a intentarlo"
Los clientes que compraron este producto también compraron
Descripción del producto
Reseña del editor
- This second volume of X-9: Secret Agent Corrigan collects Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson's classic adventure comic strip - that's over 800 comic strips, from September 1, 1969 through April 8, 1972. Each strip is beautifully rendered with delicate precision by master craftsman, Williamson, and elegantly scribed by master wordsmith, Goodwin. -The Library of American Comics is the world's #1 publisher of classic newspaper comic strips, with 14 Eisner Award nominations and three wins for best book. LOAC has become "the gold standard for archival comic strip reprints... The research and articles provide insight and context, and most importantly the glorious reproduction of the material has preserved these strips for those who knew them and offers a new gateway to adventure for those discovering them for the first time." - Scoop -
No es necesario ningún dispositivo Kindle. Descárgate una de las apps de Kindle gratuitas para comenzar a leer libros Kindle en tu smartphone, tablet u ordenador.
Obtén la app gratuita:
Detalles del producto
Opiniones de clientes
Opiniones de clientes más útiles en Amazon.com (beta)
The fast-paced stories are always just the right length, and transition from one to another flawlessly. The strips, originally published daily, read like one seamless whole, without unnecessary repetition or duplication.
As for the book itself, the reproduction is gorgeous, really showcasing Williamson's beautiful artwork. The introduction, by the late Archie Goodwin's widow, Anne Murphy, really puts a human face on these two legendary creators. All in all, IDW is really giving this strip the showcase it deserves.
(Anne T. Murphy:) What's it like to live with Al Williamson,
what's the real Archie Goodwin like?
The book is edited by Scott Dunbier and designed by Dean Mullaney
- the first story is about a prince of Turistan, and the throne of Turistan
- The second story sees Phil Corrigan with Wilda in Venice. Phil needs to guard Byron Jagger who is researching his latest book based on the life of a man known as Cain
- A new assignment takes Phil to snowy Washington, and his path crosses with Clete Bowman (who has had a successful espionage career so far). And Phil continues to a ghost-town following a film group
- Phil receives a new assignment after returning home. He is to go to Caribbean, a small Caribbean island called Torterra. Mr. Gorstrom is this time the enemy.
- Phil returns to states again and is assigned to look for Quentin Amberson's daughter Charlene. She is kidnapped.
- South America is the next destination. A famous scientist is missing/dead. Jonas Branveldt's plane has crashed in jungle 5 yrs ago, but then a metal scrap of the plane is found...
- Phil is taking another assignment: someone is using Kalipur as a base to down the satellites. CIA is not allowed to Kalipur, but FBI is.
- Phil is back in States. At the airport he sees a famous movie executive talking with a syndicate member.
- Ambassador of Balkania is worried for a series of demonstrations at his embassy. He visits the FBI and Phil is assigned to the case
- Jonas Garth, a killer and a dealer is in North-Africa. The police notices Garth and Phil is sent to look for him.
- Phil continues to Europe next. A girl has asked for asylum but someone tried to kill her. She has important information for the FBI. Phil knows the girl. She is Lushan. She used to work on opposite side to steal U.S. satellites, but now she is asking for Phil's help...
This book is a very good collection of Agent X-9 comic strips.
I would recommend this for anyone who is interested in the old black and white daily comic strips and the world of spies.